- New York State Code Enforcement Official participating in enforcement of the New York State Fire and Building Codes while working jointly. with the Village of Islandia and the Town Of Islip
- Conduct Fire and Safety Inspections and assist in the acceptance testing and plan review of fire alarm and fire protection systems throughout the Fire District and forward any violations to the proper jurisdictions which include but are not limited too. Village of Islandia, Town Of Islip, New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, County of Suffolk, New York Eastern District Second District Court, General Services Administration.
- New York State Fire Investigator I investigate and determine cause and origin of fires within the Fire District under the Powers of the Central Islip Fire Chief.
- Assist in updates of the Fire District Computer Aided Dispatch System Information and Mapping by inputting pre-fire plan information.
- Liaison Official linking the Central Islip Fire Department, Fire District, Fire Chiefs and the code enforcement community.
- Hazardous Materials Specialist responding to Hazardous Materials Incidents within the Fire District and provide technical support to the Central Islip Fire Department and Hazardous Materials Response Team
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission,use this link to check most recent and past Consumer product recalls and safety bulletins. To prevent fires, and injuries to protect you and your family from unsafe products.
U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA to inquire about smoke alarms, smoke alarm requirements and smoke alarm maintenance to protect you and your family.
To Contact the Central Islip Fire Marshal: